← Previous Entries    Next Entries →

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The New Year

My apologies for the length of time since my last post. I've had the pictures, but not a way to upload.
Working from the library computer today, but let's keep it our secret.

Frost Bloom on Verbesina

Evening Primrose seedpods
I saw a bird eating seed out of these... but wasn't quick enough with the shutter.

Fava bean blossoms 

The Hellebore are blooming... 

These little yellow warblers made an appearance, scratched up my flower seeds out of the beds, and then left for parts unknown. Cute...

I had a yard full of butterflies today, but when I fetched the camera... couldn't get any of them to say "cheese".

 

4 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Beautiful hellebores. Nice to find another Macon, Georgia garden blogger!

February 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos especially love the hellebores. Nice to read of butterflies - bit early over here for any sightings!

February 8, 2013 at 4:57 AM  
Blogger Jean Campbell said...

Glad to see you're back after such a long spell. Hellebores look good, as do the yellow warblers.

I know the anguish of trying to 'catch' butterflies and birds -- so plentiful when you are out there empty handed and hiding when you have a camera. Woodpeckers are driving me crazy. I'm not talking about the drumming, I love that. They fly over with that little fussy squawk and then go up and down trees with that 'cherk, cherk, cherk' call. When I bring out a camera, they hide behind the pecan limbs. I saw a spicebush swallowtail today.

I've been reading my own blog to satisfy myself that a freeze will occur week after next, just like always.

February 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Gardens-In-The-Sand said...

Hey Nell, It seems to freeze on the last week of feb or the first week of March every year... so... I try to wait until after that freeze before cutting back the shrub roses.

Saw a spice bush swallowtail... You must have sassafras trees.... as do I.
I see lots of the spicebush swallowtails, but almost never the parsley swallowtails... even when I plant fennel and carrots and dill!


February 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


← Previous Entries    Next Entries →