End of July
I'm eating these cushaw squash as fast as I pick them.
I think they taste like taters, but they require very little cooking!
Pretty important in this heat.
If I cube some pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, and cube some of the cushaw squash, add in a can of corn, a slice of onion and a bit of hot pepper, I can have a nice soup in the time it takes to cook up a pot of ramen noodles.
I'm eating these beige punkins too, but they aren't as good as the cushaw.
The cherry laurel that I moved last winter are being browsed by the deer.
Prolly need to try agin with tomato cages.

Armadillo number 17 so far this year!
Aralia spinosa with pollinators.
Round pears. I've been eating for a couple weeks, very sweet.





1.jpg)
.jpg)

2 Comments:
17 armadillos... whoa. That round pear looks like a Callery cross. Is that the seedling one you mentioned? We haven't grown cushaw in a long time. We preferred the taste of the Seminole pumpkins. Your recommendation sounds appetizing, though - we may need to plant them again.
When I've researched callery pears, a great deal of complaint about thorns seems to be the consensus.
No thorns on above seedling tree. .
I accidentally cut down a second pear seedling that also wasn't thorny. Oops.
It took a while to develop a recipe for cushaw that I liked.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home