← Previous Entries    Next Entries →

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bird Netting Sux!

I rarely see my snakes. :(
 I certainly don't want to see them this way!
I had the bird netting over my blueberry bush... I wanted to get some of those blueberries.... But not at the expense of my garden help!

I carried the netting, (snake n all) to the house, and got out the scissors... And carefully started cutting netting away from the king snake.
I whispered "Easy sweetie", to her from time to time... she seemed to understand that I was trying to help.

When I unwrapped her coils, she cooperated, wrapping her liberated back end around my hand as I worked to liberate her front end.
The scariest part was the fear of harming her with the scissors...
She seemed to understand the need to relax some of her muscles to make room for me to get the scissors between her body and the netting.

Free at last!

I set her free among the beans and watched as she crawled along the bed,  and then out of sight under a brush pile.
Here's hoping we meet again under better circumstances!

 

3 Comments:

Blogger stiener said...

Now that is a neat post !

August 25, 2013 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger David The Good said...

Good save. I hate accidentally harming anything, particularly animals that are so darned useful to have around.

August 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From someone that won't even step on an ant, kudos. I am afraid of snakes, but I myself would have done just what you did, provided I was not meeting an Eastern Rattler. I am happy the queen of Kings got to see another day. Happy hunting girl...

September 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


← Previous Entries    Next Entries →