← Previous Entries    Next Entries →

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Naturals

Naturals... were here when I got here... 
The thing about gardening with naturals.... is... you can't just weed everything out, or run around spraying round-up on anything that you don't recognize...


Amsonia





Carolina rock-rose (Helianthemum Carolianum) / (Crocanthemum georgianum)


The interesting thing about Helianthemum Carolianum... is that it seems to be a member of the rock-rose family... And I've had rock rose (cistus) on my wish list since forever, and it can't be had in this area.... apparently it doesn't tolerate humidity... Seems like time to make some crosses....



Hoary puccoon
(it's really called that)


This one hasn't started blooming yet... The problem with hoary puccoon... is that it doesn't transplant... mark your plant well, this guy is difficult to keep!



Indigo (Baptisia lanceolata), I posted this last time, but it's got more open blooms today...

Here's a nice grouping... you know what they say about planting in groups of three...



Not a flower... but this little sassafras sapling caught the afternoon light and my attention...


Toadflax...





Ok, I ran out of naturals... I brought in the violets...



I brought in the crossvine, also...





I'm seeing butterflies.... and they're finding me...


Here's something I'd like to see more of... The mosquitoes are happy to use my rain barrels to reproduce, the dragonflies... not so much...

Labels: ,

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
← Previous Entries    Next Entries →