← Previous Entries    Next Entries →

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It must be Spring...

It's in the 80s today... 

The cat is weeding as fast as she can...


And the bees are making sure that we don't run out of winter annuals... 
The henbit has a beautiful bloom... if you look close...


This bee is pollinating the black cherries...


The woods are full of dogwood bloom...



Coral honeysuckle... 


Redbud


Here's some sassafras bloom from a few weeks ago...


And finally a coupla buckeye blooms...




 

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin / Southern Meadows said...

Beautiful things going on in your garden. I just planted a sassafras tree this weekend. The winter "weeds" seem to have enjoyed our mild winter. I have henbit and chickweed everywhere!

April 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Gardens-In-The-Sand said...

I like sassafras trees... I use the leaves when grilling, the spicebush butterflies use the leaves to raise their kids... But... I've needed to thin mine some... When I put in the garden, I left them all, but my veggies weren't getting enuff light...
That chickweed is one tough weed to fight... Prolly oughta just add them to the salad bowl and enjoy them...

April 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
← Previous Entries    Next Entries →