← Previous Entries    Next Entries →

Thursday, April 19, 2012

What is this?


Lol...

I planted these, and promptly forgot doing so. They're in a row, I definitely planted them...

I'll discover what I have in due time, it's not often that I get seedlings that I don't recognize.




The echinacea are coming up...

As are the tropical milkweed, and the stokesia... But I didn't take pictures...


The agalinis have been coming up.
It's very important to recognize the plants early. Many people pull everything they don't recognize... It makes having unusual plants in the garden a bit difficult...

Agalinis shouldn't be an unusual plant in the southern garden... it comes up everywhere that I put in a garden in the middle Georgia area... All it requires is that you don't pull it for a weed!


Agalinis is a host plant for the buckeye butterfly.

These critters are acting like they are fixing to ensure the next generation... Spending time with the host plants... They sure are pretty!



The salvia is amazing... pictures simply don't do it justice!





Every time I walk past these poppies, I reach for my camera.

I don't think the camera has the ability to record these the way that my eyes see them...

If nebody is wonderin, I akshully do have some beans n squash n sweet-corn n irish taters seedlings up, it's not all eye-candy...

I useta have a GF who tole everyone that I had a coupla rows of veggies growing in an acre of flowers... Wasn't quite true... It was more like 2 acres of flowers, and a row or two of vegetables...
:)


Here's another picture of the cat...



She's having a bit of breakfast...

The other night, I heard her slapping at the wood pile... She'd cornered a snake. It was too dark to tell, but it had the markings of a copperhead... Ask Steve Earle...
I picked her up, said leave that alone... stick to stuff with fur...

 

1 Comments:

Blogger kirstallcreatures said...

Your poppy photos are lovely and the buckeye butterfly is a wonderful looking creature.

April 26, 2012 at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


← Previous Entries    Next Entries →