← Previous Entries    Next Entries →

Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring with Rain!

After last years terrific drought, having a bit of rain makes a very nice change...

The poppies are blooming...



But...
The bees and butterflies are going nuts over the chinaberry tree.


Yeah... I know... Invasive menace...
But I didn't plant it... It was there when I cleared for the garden.
Makes it ok...


Here's a zebra...



I picked some greens...



Magenta spreen.... Real tasty...

I have spinach too....




The cat is taking a break after a busy day killing varmits....
A bit later I watched the cat stalk a short-tailed vole... She played with her meal for what seemed like an hour before finally eating it... We should all eat food that squeaks... the cat certainly seems healthy enough on a diet of live rodents...

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous A Homestead Heart said...

Love looking at your garden photos. :) I think the cat is my favorite part though. My kitties finally started chasing mice, but sometimes they play with them too long. I wish they were more predatory because I have squirrels in my attic again, and I'm afraid my wiring may be looking like yours. Aren't you glad for getting more rain this year??? We are too, and it's wonderful! I was late getting the vegetable garden in, but I haven't had to water it yet (after the first planting) since the rain has kept up nicely. :)

April 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


← Previous Entries    Next Entries →