← Previous Entries    Next Entries →

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The End of July

Everybody likes this salvia coccinea...


The hummingbirds are busy at first light when I step outdoors with my first cup of coffee... the butterflies wait until it warms up a little.

The centrosema is putting on a nice show again...

 Glass gem corn


Variegated corn... succession... planted the corn... as soon as the first planting matured...
Am trying to decide where to replant the glass gem... next.

showy crotalaria in bloom... seems early...

Commelina erecta... a native dayflower... very unlike that asiatic invasive

Couple more butterflies...

I dug this toad up while turning soil in the new vegetable section. He looks angry....

This one isn't so pissed... 

Labels: , ,

 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last two photos had me laughing out loud - love 'em! What do you do with that glass gem corn? And who many acres are you on?

July 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger stiener said...

I`m amazed at the similarity of the natives in our respective areas. The Centrosema gets a little invasive sometimes , but I still like it. The Scarlet sage is just now starting to bloom, has been a bit dormant this year for some reason. Thanks for the tour!

July 31, 2014 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Your garden is beautiful! You got some really great pics of the critters. I love your pissed off frog! haha Great job getting pics of hummingbirds. It's really hard!

August 1, 2014 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Gardens-In-The-Sand said...

@ Elizabeth
I haven't done anything with the corn yet, first year I've grown it. But it's supposed to be popcorn... And I've got this grinder...
Gardens in the sand is on a 15 acre tract, but it's still mostly brush and briars...
@ Randy...
I refuse to believe that centrosema is invasive anywhere... At my house, it's very slow to spread and not easy to propagate. The first year seedlings are growing very slowly, I doubt they will even bloom this year.
@ Flower Freak...
Thanks for visiting... And yes, hummingbirds are not easy to get pictures of...

August 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
← Previous Entries    Next Entries →